Fruit Parfait Popsicles || 2 Eggs Over Yeezy Print
DIY Hand Painted & Stamped Save the Dates || DIY Wedding Guestbook
It was a big year for DIYs with a new nursery to decorate and a wedding to plan for. I had a lot of fun personalizing each with special touches and things I could make with my own two hands.
It was also a big year for illustrations over at Forever Fireflying!
After a couple of custom order requests from my best galpals, I started working on some freehand illustration projects. Honestly, this was probably one of the most stressful things I did this year. Stressful but fun! I've always dreaded drawing people but after some serious experimenting, I think I've found my own little style.
2 Eggs over Yeezy officially broke the Forever Fireflying box office. It was my number 1 seller this year and killed it at Christmas. So thanks, 'Ye.
I keep signing all of my Etsy letters to customers with, "Yeezy for Prez?"
I think most of them appreciate it...
You can see my other favorite illustrations from this year... Drake here and some silly Valentine's Day cards here.
I have some more plans for illustrations for the shop which I'll share a little later in this post.
Another big moment for my little business this year was my first web design project for a local small business called HERE. a pop-up shop.
It was definitely scary to take on something new for an established business. Amy and El are both so awesome, I didn't want to let them down! But I'm really proud of how it all turned out and am excited to be working on the next part of their site this month, an online shopping store!
You can see more about their website transformation at this post.
All in all, 2015 was a big success for Forever Fireflying.
I was able to more than double the number of page views for my Etsy shop, more than double the amount of custom orders I brought in and finally break out of the red zone in my finances!!!!
SUCCESS, WE IZ IN ZE GREEN PEOPLE!!!!
I'm excited for what's to come this year :)
Our Nursing Story || My Whole30 Journey
2-year old Sleep Struggles & Triumphs || Our Wedding
Let's have another baby, get married, get another dog AND move.
Yeah, okay!!!! Sure!!!!!!
You guys seemed to enjoy watching the craziness unfold, too. So you're welcome.
I'll never forget the moment when Nora came into this world. Her permanent smirk kind of makes sense if you go back and read the birthing story... she was just knocking on the vaginal door down there.. hello!!!!! Let me out!!!! I've been here for a hot minute!!!
Always one-step ahead of the game.
Not much has changed in this little family of mine since we got married.
I'm finally changing my name so that's nice to officially join the Thompson clan. I guess we have some different paperwork to do this year. I do call him my huzzzzband every now and then, which still feels weird.
Our wedding was awesome. We got to stand in front of our favorite peeps in a beautiful setting and proclaim our love for one another (and for Chipotle).
I'll always remember these things about that day...
1. I should of hired babysitters. Set up was rough.
2. It was hot as ballz.
3. Josh said, "I fucking love you" and burst into tears as his vows #classclassclass
4. The flower crowns we're my favorite.
5. Chipotle was the star of the show (duh).
6. Josh almost threw me across the floor in our first dance. And I punched Hadley and knocked her down in our first dance. Success?
7. My dad was definitely holding Nora up on the dance floor at one point (like Lion King style) while Lil Jon was playing.
8. It was my favorite party of all time.
9. My huzzzzband is pretty amazing and I'm so glad I've trapped him forever!!!!!!!
I love you, Josh!!!!
While it was a truly insane year, I had so much fun with this little family and business of mine.
I learned a lot about running a business and throwing a wedding and caring for two babes and living in the woods. I've pulled more ticks off my dogs than I've ever wanted to, so there's a new skill. Yuck.
I played with my kids and yelled at my kids. There we're really wonderful days and complete shit days. I was patient and caring some days and a complete mess other days. I punched some pillows and screamed obscenities. I laughed until I cried and I drunkenly peed off our deck a few times.
All in all, I'm grateful. Everyone is healthy and happy and that's really all we can ask for.
So thanks for the memories 2015.
It's been real.
BUT WE AIN'T DONE HERE FOLKS.
It's time for some 2016 goals, both personal and professional!
(and in no particular order.....)
1. Continue to work on my anger management.
Am I the only one who feels that rage boil up inside of me when my sweet tiny humans start acting like evil tiny humans???
This year, the year I started caring for double the amount of little babes, I noticed a significant increase in what I call, "losing my shit"... so I started working on it. Yoga was my first step in 2015 and in 2016 I'm going to try journaling, kick boxing and more Treat Yo'self days.
2. Speaking of Treat Yo'self days, I'd like to set more time aside for dates and one-on-one time with Joshyboy.
3. Add new art mediums to my shop. I'm working on some new calligraphy projects and I'm excited about doing some hand-painted calligraphy signs!
I also will be adding a few new characters to join Kanye & Drake. Annie & Rachel, I swear your presents will grace your presence one day soon!!!!
4. Continue to develop my web design skills and take a coding class.
One big project I'm putting on the docket for this year is tackling my own website! I'll be giving her a fresh new look and I just can't wait to set some time aside and really dive into that.
5. Take some hip hop dance classes because it's been too long since I've shaken dat a$$.
6. Take the girls to do more fun stuff and get outside more.
7. Make some new mom friends!!!!!!!!!!!! God, I'm lame!!!!!!!!!
8. Take a water color painting class.
9. Finally add my custom designs to my Etsy shop!!!! So many goodies, so little time!
I hope you enjoyed this little exercise of mine. I hope it inspired you to take a look back at your year and how things have changed or have stayed the same.
Time flies so quickly these days. I think it's important for all of us to stop every now and then and smell the roses.
I'm wishing you lots of burritos, hugs, dance parties and successes in 2016.