How are thee?!
The holidays are upon us, thank ze effin' lord!!!!!!
I think all of us we're craving some festive spirit more than ever before (cough, worst election year ever, cough) so I am real happy it's now acceptable to vomit Santa, snowflakes & snowmen all over the damn place.
A lot has happened since I've last been here to chat so I thought I'd just word-vomit-list-style all the things that have been going on with us...
1. My mom, our grandma Juju, got a new pony and the girls are obsessssssed with him. I am a little bit, too. His name is Franklin and he is the sweetest boy!!
Hadley rode him at least 3 times while we we're staying with her and it was just the cutest.
2. For the first time in my life, I'm a bit of a red head.
I feel it matches my inner fire.
3. I've been painting a lot of triangles lately... like a shit ton.
After 1 year of living in this home, one room is almost completely finished and that is our tiny powder bathroom.
Start small, am I right?
I am so into wallpaper these days but, shit, it gets pricey!!
So I decided to take a note from Elsie Larson of A Beautiful Mess and try to hand draw my own.
Pro: it costs $3.
Cons: It takes fucking forever.
I'll do a full post on the bathroom another time but here's a little sneaky de peaky.
4. Mommy and daddy got a night out at the piano bar and it was such a blast! I forgot what it feels like to take jello shooters out of a syringe............ he he he he!
5. We changed Nora's crib into a toddler bed a few weeks ago and she has yet to sleep in it. She's been cutting teeth like crazy lately so I've just kept in her in bed with us mostly or she snuggles with Hadley in her ginormous bed (for a few hours).
Eventually, I'd like to bunk them up in this Ikea setup so we'll see how that all goes!
I'm writing this at about 8:15pm, Nora did not nap today and she is still running wild.
Lord help us.
6. I made my first ever pumpkin pie from scratch for Thanksgiving and am still proud AF.
Like with a real pumpkin. Not the can.
8. The girls got an electric driving truck from their Mimi and Grandpa when they we're visiting from Montana and it is hilarious to watch them ride around.
My new favorite thing is to make mini rap videos of them driving it.
Life is good.
The girls are finally kicking colds that have been around for fuggin' ever. We're hiding elves, eating Christmas cookies and hanging twinkle lights.
Festive days are ahead and we've finally broken in our wood fire stove that has been calling our names since we moved in last Winter.
And even more shocking? I have two more blog posts lined up for this week.
Who am I?
Holiday cheer to you all,