I told him the first space I really want to focus on is our room.
I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with sick babies, lots of work coming in and feeling like I haven't had much time to myself. So my answer to that?
A master bedroom oasis where I can escape the crazy!!!!!
So why did we paint Hadley's room then?
Well for one, most of the carpets in this house are 15 years old and badly need to be replaced (or deep, deep cleaned). So before doing that, we wanted to paint, knowing that we would most likely spill (spoiler alert: we did). And once the painting is done, we can get all the bedroom carpets replaced.
BADDA BING BADDA BOOM.
So, step 1: Paint Hadley's room.
Step 2: Drink too much beer.
Step 3: Totally fuck up Hadley's room.
I was responsible for buying the beer so I guess there is no one else to blame but me. I decided it would be a great idea to try the Flying Dog Double IPA at 11.something% alcohol.
Here are several reasons we should have hired someone to do this job...
1. It gets old.
I was having a blast in the beginning.
Music was playing, the girls we're having fun with us, we we're all working toward a common goal.
Go Team Thompson!
But after a few hours, we we're all over it.
2. Letting your 2 year old paint the walls is totally a great idea for the first couple of minutes. I kept thinking, "God, I'm cool. Hadley is going to love us forever. We're so good at this parenting thing!"
And then I quickly began to hate myself when she asked to paint again for the 967th time and I kept finding new drips all around the bottoms of the wall...... thanks, Had.
But great circles, for real!
3. The ceilings are vaulted. UGH.
Usually I would never UGH vaulted ceilings.. but in this case, UGH.
4. The professionals don't even use tape and they knock it out in like 4 hours. We're still not even finished 4 days later.
5. Josh should never be trusted with a paint brush after 6 beers.
I took the girls for a bit while he worked on the tall parts. After probably 45 minutes I started getting curious on how it was going and went to check on him.
Oh my god. It was a shit show. And SO funny.
He was trying to do the top of the wall (connected to the ceiling) and he was trying it with no tape.
His first words to me we're, "I thought it would get better........."
I asked him to please, step back from that ledge my friend.
6. We'll most likely be painting touch ups for the next 6 months.
7. We have several more rooms in the house that we want to paint but will most likely be hiring help from here on out.
If you're interested in being our go-to house painter, please contact me before we decide, "We've learned from this experience" or "We can do it this time! No beer! More tape!"